Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Glorious Weather

It is summer now, gorgeous hot days, lush green everywhere. I have lost track of all the wildflowers; too bad I didn't get them all photographed for you...These are called 'Pussy Toes'.

My garden at home is showing tiny peppery arugula sprouts, sweet romaine sprouts, tiny spinach leaves, bodacious strawberry plants where the chicken pen used to be, and dozens of beautiful tulips. Oh, and delicious mint! Our garden at Bruce and Ann's is coming up with carrots, peas, cucumbers, tomatoes and onions. There are weeds everywhere, of course, and spent blooms to deadhead.


Here's a picture of the Bleeding Heart Dad planted for my Mom - it is always one of my favorite plants.





No more time to blog....gardening!

2 comments:

nonizamboni said...

Loved reading about your garden[s] -- I've planted arugula on my garden 'slab' too!
Bleeding Hearts take me way back, to my mom and grandmother, and my little house in Chicago where I planted two white ones -- now since pulled out by the company who bought it. Sigh.
thanks for sharing these lovely pics
xoxo

Rebecca Green said...

It seems that bleeding hearts remind the ladies of their mothers, and I am no exception! My mother has several of them planted in our yard in Bedford, but I haven't seen them for years because I always visit in the fall and winter!