Monday, April 30, 2007





One For the Records




This has been a beautiful day! It has been warm and sunny and SO summery. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I got in a little sewing and piano practicing in the morning, then I spent almost all afternoon outside digging in the dirt with a shovel, squishing the dirt through my fingers to smash all the larger clods, and then planting lettuces and spinach and dill.




After I wore myself out doing that, Dad and I sat on the cottage deck in the sun and played Scrabble - it was fabulous - just like being on holiday on a patio somewhere! Dave even made me an iced latte...




Here is a picture of the beautiful spring evening in the back yard- doesn't it look just like a beautiful park -

and the wildflowers which we discovered across the river, in the shade today; they are called Trillium.




These are the daffodils and grape hyacinth in the front garden.











Speaking of the river, it is quite high right now even though we didn't have the usual complement of snow. It is muddy and dark and it rushes along very quickly and loudly, sometimes it sounds almost like a busy 4 lane road through Calgary - minus the sirens and horns. It is not the beauatiful, clear, lazily babbling stream it was last summer; but I am told it will be so again!

No comments: