Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Chatty Cathy

Remember her? The doll with glasses and curly hair? She had a pull string in her back and she would say cute or witty things when you pulled her string. I had a Chatty Cathy doll and I had glasses; when my parents gave me the doll, dad said 'she looks just like you'. I think what he meant was 'she talks as much as you do!'

I am chatty; I like to refer to myself as 'sociable' - I am a sociable girl. Dave and Dad were both away yesterday and I took the opportunity to spend the whole day at the Tuesday quilting bee in North Fork. It was wonderful to stitch and chat with the ladies (and two men) or to just listen to the pleasant conversation going on all over the room. And the potluck lunch is always SO delicious.

At 1:30 I had to break to come home and practice a piece of music with a young man who is rather chatty himself. Then I went back and chatted some more as we took the finished quilt off the frame.

3:00 I took a leisurely walk with my friend 'B', who is even MORE chatty than I am. She is so fun; we jabbered and laughed and discovered wild flowers and had a great time.

4:30 I stopped at Bruce and Ann's to pick up some strawberry plants for our garden and chatted with them for a few minutes.

5:00 Dad and I planted the aforementioned strawberry plants while we chatted about our day, and gardens, and other random subjects.

It was a great day.

Here are some of the wild flowers in bloom this week.
This is a little barrel cactus...in Idaho...who knew?
Wild Phlox - so delicate.
This is a Serviceberry Tree, pronounced by some as 'Sarvis Berry'. It looks very much like the Canadian favourite 'Saskatoon Bush'. It does bear large, blue, edible but not very tasty berries. It is perched here on the precarious bank of 'The River of No Return', the Salmon River. When you come river rafting we will float right past this tree!

1 comment:

nonizamboni said...

I'm getting so homesick!
Really nice shots.