Thursday, June 28, 2007

Dave's Great Adventure or Don Quixote's Curse?


I think the family is "concerned" about me. I bought this property with a magnificent, abosolutely derelict old barn on six acres. The wood on it is beautiful, but the structure has fallen into disrepair. You could drive a truck through the holes in the back of it, as the picture shows. I do get the feeling that folks are raising eyebrows about me when I'm not in the room. But I am going to bring this old girl back to a wonderful life. Right now I'm doing some triage on the foundation posts, which are rotting off at the ground. Then I'll get to fixing up the sides and making a most excellent man cave out of the 500 foot loft above what will be a three-car garage. Where others see a lost cause I see a beautiful windmill. Remember, Don Quixote had his moments of absolute lucidity. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Dave


3 comments:

Ken said...

Mmmmmmm....Finally you are fessing up to those cave man instincts. This looks like a great idea. Go, Dave, go.

Matthew Francis said...

Actually looks like its in pretty good shape... very nice!

Ken said...

Either the fish are biting or they're not. Either Dave fell off the ladder or he didn't. I'm wondering how the projects are going. Tried to leave a comment but the pop-up blocker had, well, blocked you. Now it's fixed. How about you?