Sunday, November 04, 2007

NEWEST ART GALLERY IN THE WORLD OPENED THURSDAY!!!!

Cute and creative, a shiny new art gallery in an old log workshop, this shop really raises the bar in North Fork, Idaho. A great opening was had Thursday night through Saturday afternoon - lots of guests, hot apple cider laced with butterscotch schanpps, cheese and crackers..oh, yes and art, LOTS OF ART by Jerry Neale - both prints and originals, as well as other beautiful things like a handcrafted wedding quilt, glass fairy balls, and Dave Hanson's fine woodcrafts for sale. Take a look around...





I've been working on this fun 'little project' since late June and am very pleased with the initial attendance and sales. I am now a shopkeeper and gallery owner....how cool is that? As of today I am also very pooped out!

There is little tourist traffic in this valley from now til April, just a few steelhead fishers and random hunters. Why did we decide to open now? It would have been a month or two earlier but inspections, handicap regulations etc. slowed things down. This past weekend was a yearly event in the valley called the 'High Country Christmas Gift Trail' ; 6 businesses participate spanning about 10 miles of valley - it is the area Christmas shopping kick off. I had to be voted into the club :)

Three of the shops - including the valley's only restaurant - close for the season next week, two shops stay open year round...I may be decide to be open on Saturdays til Christmas and then be closed til April. I'll decide tomorrow after a loooong sleep.......





These art pieces represent a small sampling of Jerry Neale's prodigous output. Come see what we have on display in the gallery or check out his website at www.firelobe.com


I'd love to hear your comments on the gallery as well as your suggestions and ideas for improvements and displays.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!

nonizamboni said...

What an ambitious undertaking and I can see your hand throughout. What a fun place this would be to visit! I enjoyed the virtual tour; the layout is warm and inviting. Rest up--I know you all will be a success.
We had snow flurries today in MN and seeing your shop has made me a little more excited to start clacking the knitting needles for Christmas gifts.

xxxx
mary ann

H said...

I LOVE it. I am so very proud of you Chris. You bring beauty and love into the lives that are lucky enough to cross yours. So so proud of my angel!
Love you!

Colleen said...

Congratulations Chris! What an exciting entrepreneurial new creative adventure for you!